Historic City of Jefferson Annual Homes Tour Fundraiser
Golden Hammer Award Homes Tour
Sunday, September 17, 2017 1:00-5:00 pm
Throughout Jefferson City, the architecture of bygone eras has been brought back to life by renovation and restoration. The 2017 Annual Homes Tour sponsored by the Historic City of Jefferson will feature eight previous Golden Hammer Award Recipients. The Golden Hammer Award Program recognizes owners who have rehabilitated and preserved their properties. Their revitalization efforts have spurred others to strengthen the integrity of neighborhoods throughout Jefferson City. Initiated in 2008 by the Historic City of Jefferson as part of ongoing efforts to retain historic buildings, Golden Hammer Awards have been presented to over 50 home and business owners in our community.
For the past 12 years, the Historic City of Jefferson has sponsored and organized a tour of historic homes and sites highlighting the unique and varied historical aspects of the Jefferson City community.
The Golden Hammer Award Homes Tour will feature these structures:
- 115 W. Atchison Street – 1868 Italianate, Nelson and Gertrude Burch Home
- 108 W. Atchison Street – Clapboard, Joseph DeLong’s Boyhood Home, purchased 1912
- 601 Jackson Street – 1913 Hugh Stephens’ Home, Lincoln University President’s Home
- 612 E. McCarty Street – 1907 Bungalow
- 616 and 618 E. High Street – 1898 and 1920 East High Street Business District
- 720 E. High Street – 1880’s German Cottage
- 712 E. High Street – 1900 Queen Anne, Frank Heinrich Home
The Homes Tour is the major yearly fundraiser for the Historic City of Jefferson.
Tickets prior to the event are $10, and will be available beginning August 19 at Samuel’s Tuxedo, Schulte’s Fresh Foods, Carrie’s Hallmark, Busch’s Florist, Click2Sell4U/Kay’s Collectibles, Hy-Vee, and Art Bazaar. Tickets the day of the tour can be purchased for $12 at all the locations featured on the tour. Ticket stubs for door prize drawings can be left at the hospitality tents at 108 W. Atchison or 720 E. High Street.
For additional information contact Janet Gallaher at (573) 635-6487 or email@example.com.